|Eliminate Gas, Bloating & Heartburn
Gas is a normal byproduct of the digestive process that will either be absorbed into the bloodstream, released as flatulence or ‘gas’, recycled by microbes in the gut or accumulated in the small intestine creating pressure in the intestinal walls causing bloating, stomach discomfort and in some cases, intense abdominal pain!
Excessive flatulence and bloating may be a sign of large bacteria overgrowth which causes an imbalance of the normal intestinal flora (typically 80/20 ratio of good bacteria to pathogenic bacteria and its waste).
4 Steps to Better Digestion:
1. Take probiotics supplements and consume foods that are high in ‘good’ bacteria (fermented foods). This will help you maintain a normal intestinal flora balance.
2. Reduce your sugar intake by replacing table sugar with a natural substitute like Stevia – Bacteria feeds on sugar.
3. Increase the consumption of alkaline forming foods (fruits and vegetables) and lower the intake of acid yielding foods (Meats and Dairies). A proper pH balance is essential for normalizing bodily functions.
4. Increase digestive enzymes by consuming raw, unprocessed foods and chewing slowly. You may also add a brush border enzymes supplement to you diet.
Natural News: Eliminate gas, bloating, and heartburn for good with these simple steps http://www.naturalnews.com/037035_bloating_heartburn_natural_remedies.html#ixzz25T4sEIae
Livestrong.com: Foods that are high in good bacteria.
Alkaline Diet plan
Bodyecology.com: 4 Steps to Naturally Eliminate Gas and Bloating
|Fruits & Vegetables Affect Cancer Risk
Different Fruits And Vegetables Affect Cancer Risk In Different Parts Of Bowel
“Eating more apples is linked to lower risk of distal colon cancer, brassicas like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts are linked to lower risk of cancer in both the proximal and the distal colon, while on the other hand, drinking more fruit juice appears to raise the risk of rectal cancer, according to new research from Australia published in the October issue of the Journal of the American Dietetic Association.”
Get creative blending your favorite fruits and green veggies into a perfect Green Smoothie.
According to Raw Foods For Beginners
, consuming blended raw vegetables can be more beneficial than chewing a fresh salad. This website explains that more cell walls are broken down when blending raw vegetables and therefore more nutrients are released to be absorbed by the body.
The following health improvements were reported in a study of 27 individuals taking a quarter of green smoothies every day, for a month:
- Increase in energy
- Depression lifted
- Fewer blood sugar fluctuations
- More regular bowel movements
- Dandruff healed
- Insomnia gone
- Asthma attacks stopped completely
- No more PMS symptoms
- Fingernails stronger
- Skin cleared up
- Sex life improved
- No more desire for coffee
- Lost 5-10 pounds
Recipe: Quila’s Basic Green Smoothie
2C orange juice (or try tangerine juice for a tangy treat)
1C raspberries (or strawberries or blueberries)
2 handfuls of spinach
4 leaves green leaf or romaine lettuce (or red or green chard)
Blend well. Makes 2 quarts. We drink this every day with a few variations here and there with the greens, berries and fruits in season. Also, add a bit of mint for a treat.
Source: “Green Smoothies.” Raw Food For The Beginner Website –